Ramaine Barreiro-Lloyd – The Diva of Divas and the lady who puts the ‘Bling’ in the Queen of Bling! Her entertaining style and gigantic personality will have you enthralled from the minute she steps up on stage. With her beloved family as her very foundation, Ramaine, at the age of 5, was already performing with a live band on the nightclub circuit in Cape Town. She starred in her first major production, ‘Bugsy Malone’, at the age of 9. At the age of 12 she joined forces with Emo Adams, Alistair Izobell and Luqmaan Adams to form the group ‘Nu Fancy’ which toured South Africa along with The Rockets and PJ Powers, and went on to record an album.
Known as the ‘Tina Turner’ of South Africa, Ramaine Barreiro-Lloyd founded RBL Productions in 2005 and is a Creative Force to be reckoned with. Due to her versatility, her performances include genres from across the board including R&B, Jazz and Rock ‘n Roll. Character performing, Choreography, Staging and Costume Design are her forte.
Apart from being a phenomenal stage performer boasting powerhouse vocals and a Sassy on-stage presence, she is extremely passionate about young artists entering the industry and based on this established the RBL Productions Youth Theatre Development Project. In her unique and intuitive way she identifies, coaches and maximises creative talents. Ramaine has a proven track record in Directing, Producing and Choreographing countless productions in South Africa and abroad. With this in mind, RBL Productions offers an exciting range of highly interactive entertainment options for Corporate or Private Functions which are created to suit any event size or theme anywhere in South Africa. Ramaine’s impressive portfolio includes:
- The choreography and staging of two productions for a Dutch Company touring Europe.
- Various Musicals including Bugsy Malone and Grease.
- Performing in, Choreographing and Staging Productions for hotels, theatres and special events whilst on the hotel circuit in the UAE for four years.
- Ramaine founded her own promotions company which involved sending South African bands to the UAE.
- Starring in various sell-out shows in the Barnyard Theatre Group’s productions for more than 10 years. Highlights include:
Natural Women – Divas;
Glory Days – 80’s;
Born to Run (80’s to 90’s);
Mick and Tina;
The Fab Four – Beatles;
Hot Chocolate – Motown;
The Big Five, and many more.
- Playing the role of ‘Coco Tamara’ in the Afrikaans comedy series ‘Kompleks’ for SABC 2.
- Opening act for George Benson and Al Jarreau in South Africa.
- Performing with the KZN Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Voice Overs: South Africa and Abroad.
- Releasing three of her own CD’s
- Ramaine directed, produced and choreographed: La Femme, Listen, Heard it through the Grapevine and It don’t mean a Thing if it ain’t Got the Bling.
- Performing as lead vocal in AmaZink Live, Seasons 1 to 4 in Stellenbosch (2011 to 2015), as well as the Directing, Producing and Choreographing thereof.
- Producing, directing, choreographing and performing as lead vocal in ShiZA iKapa (‘The Heat of Cape Town’) at the Rockwell Theatre, Cape Town (April to December 2015).
- Musical Directing, Choreography and Costume Design for the Metropolitan Clash of the Choirs in 2016.
- Directing the ‘Woman 2 Woman’ production for a UK based company, DGP Music, held at the Grace Performing Arts Centre, Cape Town, in October 2016.
- Regular RBL Productions Shows in venues all across Cape Town as well as Gauteng.
- Performing at Corporate Events across South Africa.